Monday, August 21, 2006

There are many crossroads a young man faces in life: his first words, first steps, first day of school, first kiss, the first time he sees a real boob (one of my favs), learning to drive, etc. Well here I am at another one of those crossroads in my life. Today was my girlfriends first day back to college and I, being the old man that I am, did not have to return. I am a graduate. I go to work from 9-5 each day and work for the man. I might as well buy a walker because we all know damn well that I am going to need it soon.
I was driving down 3rd Ave on my way to the office and this puts me right past campus. So here I am tooling by and there are students everywhere. I know they are freshmen; it's 8:15 and they are already scurrying about to find their 9am class. I was the same way though. I was a scared lil' douche and was at class at least a half hour early...for like a whole fucking month when I started school. It really does seem like a long time ago that I was hanging out in ol' apartment 117, drinking WAY too much, listening to music WAY too loud and just not giving a shit. Friends were always over...as well as people I had no fucking clue existed. We had some good times back then, some bad ones too. Looking back brings fond memories, of friends I may never see again. It was a lot of fun.
As a student I slacked off and did as little as possible to get the good grades. Now as an "adult" I find myself doing the same a lot of the time. I LOVE my job and get excited when we get new challenging stuff that needs to be done. A lot of it, however, is run of the mill junk that I just run through the motions on. But hey, who could ask for more? I am a TOTAL geek...and I get paid to be one...WELL I might add.
So in closing, today was an anxiety filled day. First day of not having to go back to school was an odd experience. Also, tomorrow morning I leave for Fostery City CA for 2 whole weeks. I've been before, but not for that long. I hate to leave my girlfriend that long; I'm really going to miss her. I also have to leave my cat Lilly and my awesome puppy Stewie. For pics of these bad ass companions, check out the links in my right panel or go here. I am going to try to keep up on the photos and also writing in this blog. If you are a subscriber, or just an avid fan of mine (haha) please kick me in the ass if I do not post every 2-3 days.

Auf weidersehen!

No comments: